- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of molasses
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of oat milk
- 2 flaxseed eggs/ mixed with chia seeds (4 tbsps of water with 2 tbsp of flaxseed/1 tbsp of chia seeds)
- 2 mangos
- 2 tbsps of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar
- Make the flaxseed eggs and place them in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place all the chocolate base ingredients into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add in the flaxseed eggs and process for a minute.
- Using a baking pan, place the chocolate base mixture evenly across the pan. Bake for 17 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the chocolate base is baking, create the mango icing.
- In a small pot on medium heat, place the sliced mangos along with the other ingredients. Stir off and on for 15 minutes until the mango caramelizes and turns into an icing/ liquid.
- Let the chocolate base and the mango icing cool before applying the icing over top of the chocolate base.
- Add whatever topping you want. I added chocolate chips.
Yes, they are as delicious as they sound! These Chocolate Walnut squares are packed with healthy ingredients such as almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and even molasses!
If anyone feels like baking this coming weekend then save my Chocolate Walnut squares with caramelized mango icing recipe!!
*Gluten free and vegan