A nutritious and satisfying meal that will keep you full. This black bean soup has everything you need.
This black bean soup everything you need, nutritious, versatile, flavourful, easy to make and filling!
This soup is a rich source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals and can be easily customized to your liking by adding different spices, vegetables, or proteins. Plus it’s relatively easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. It is also the perfect gluten and dairy free meal! Let this be your convenient and affordable meal, that can be made in advance and enjoyed throughout the week.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 cups of water (or you could use vegetable broth)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro and avocado for garnish (optional)
The protein, fiber, and carbohydrates in black beans make this soup a filling and satisfying meal. It is ideal for those who are looking for a nutritious and satisfying meal that will keep them full for hours.
FLAVOURFUL BLACK BEAN SOUP
A nutritious and satisfying meal that will keep you full.
Ingredients-1 medium onion, chopped -2 cloves garlic, minced -3 carrots, chopped -4 celery sticks, chopped -1/4 cup of olive oil -2 teaspoons ground cumin -1/2 teaspoon chili powder -2 Bay leaves -4 cups of water (or you could use vegetable broth) -1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed -Salt and pepper to taste -Fresh cilantro and avocado for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic, and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. 2. Stir in the seasoning and cook for another minute. 3. Pour in the black beans, water (or broth), and bring the soup to a boil. 4. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes. 5. Use a hand blender or transfer the soup to a blender to puree until smooth. 6. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. 7. Serve hot, garnished with cilantro and avocado.