These cookies are a healthy, fun, tasty and convenient snack option.
These gluten-free, dairy free, protein and vegan cookies are made with easy ingredients that include natural sweeteners and nutrients like fiber, vitamins and minerals. This fun Valentine’s day cookie snack is not only easy to make but delicious to eat!
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder
Topping: Melted chocolate: Using 70% dark chocolate, melt a bar and use 1 tbsp of coconut oil to make it a little more runny. Optional – fun sprinkles.
Dates are a natural sweetener with no add sugar that add a caramel-like flavour and can also help bind the ingredients together.
Peanut butter and almond butter are a great source of healthy fats and plant-based protein, and they add a delicious flavour to the cookies. Vanilla extract is a classic flavor that complements the other ingredients and gives the cookies a subtle, warm flavor.
Using these ingredients, you can create gluten-free, protein, vegan cookies that are both delicious and nutritious.
Alternative ingredients that could be used to make gluten-free protein cookies:
- Instead of peanut butter, you could use another nut butter like cashew, almond, or sunflower seed butter.
- Instead of almond butter, you could use another nut butter like peanut, cashew, or sunflower seed butter.
- Instead of dates, you could use another dried fruit like raisins, figs, or apricots.
- Instead of almond flour, you could use another nut flour like hazelnut, cashew, or coconut flour.
- Instead of vanilla extract, you could use another flavouring like almond extract, maple extract, or cinnamon.
- Instead of baking powder, you could use baking soda or cream of tartar.
GLUTEN FREE PROTEIN COOKIES
This fun Valentine's day snack is not only easy to make but delicious to eat!.
Ingredients-1/2 cup of peanut butter -1/4 cup of almond butter -1 cup of dates -1/3 cup of almond flour -1/2 tsp of vanilla extract -1 tsp of baking powder – 70% dark chocolate bar – 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. Using a food processor, place all the ingredients inside. 3. Process until smooth. 4. Rollout the dough until its 1/2 inch thick. Use a heart shaped cookie cut out and shape the cookies. 5. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden and set. 6. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. 7. Using 70% dark chocolate, melt a bar and use 1 tbsp of coconut oil to make it a little more runny. 8. Place the sprinkles on top.