- 6 pitted dates
- 6 figs
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of coco powder
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tbsps of maple syrup ( or you could use date syrup)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the dates and figs in a bowl with hot water for 15 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, including the dates and figs. Process until smooth.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture into your hand and roll it to form a cookie ball. On parchment paper, place the cookie ball.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottom are brown.
I was always making chocolate bean bars but I was getting tired of wrapping them individually for each of my kids. So I decided to make them into cookies and honestly they are now turning into my go-to snack for my kids and myself. (Almost everyday. I can’t stop) They are delicious.
Can’t say no to, protein, fibre, and carbs all in one!