- 2 tbsps of flaxseed
- 2 tbsps of water
- 1 Banana
- 2 tbsps of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 2 tbsps of sesame tahini butter
- 2 tbsps of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of molasses
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of sliced apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- In a small bowl add flaxseed and water. Combine ingredients and let it sit for 10 minutes to create a flaxseed egg.
- In a large bowl add a banana and use a fork to crush it until smooth.
- Place coconut oil, almond butter, sesame butter, maple syrup and molasses. Combine until mixed well.
- Add in chia seeds, walnuts, cinnamon, salt, and rolled oats. Combine all ingredients.
- Add in the flaxseed egg to the mixture. Combine all ingredients.
- In a 9X12 baking pan, spray the side with oil so the bread won’t stick.
- Place the mixture into the pan.
- Cook the bread for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
My breakfast is usually eating my kids leftovers. I’m running around with a coffee in one hand and picking up stuff with another hand. With getting the kids feed, dressed and school ready I’m always in need of a quick, healthy breakfast.
I need my protein, carbs, fibre and fats to get me started.
I usually bake in the evening while the kids are asleep. So when they wake up in the morning, they have a healthy, ready breakfast to eat and no stress for me! They usually put whatever they want on the Banana, Apple Oat bread too, such as almond butter/peanut butter or even jam.
I usually stick with mine plain and simple.
If you need this too, try this recipe!