Delicious Creamy Vegan Eggnog: A Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Holiday Delight.
This creamy vegan eggnog recipe offers a dairy-free alternative to the classic holiday favourite. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious, perfect for those with dietary restrictions or anyone looking for a healthier twist on traditional eggnog.
To prepare this dairy-free eggnog, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients: unsweetened almond milk (or any dairy-free milk of your choice), full-fat coconut milk, pure maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla extract, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and a pinch of salt.
Start by combining the almond milk, coconut milk, maple syrup, and applesauce in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Next, add in the vanilla extract, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and a pinch of salt. Blend the mixture again until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and the eggnog is creamy and fragrant.
Once your vegan eggnog is ready, you can serve it immediately, or chill it in the refrigerator for a colder, more refreshing taste. It’s a great addition to your holiday gatherings or a cozy evening by the fireplace.
With this simple and satisfying recipe, you can enjoy the classic flavor of eggnog without dairy or eggs, making it a delightful option for vegans, those with allergies, or anyone looking for a healthier choice during the holiday season. Give it a try and savor the festive taste of dairy-free eggnog!
To store your homemade creamy vegan eggnog, follow these steps:
- Use an Airtight Container: Transfer the leftover eggnog to an airtight container with a lid. Glass containers or plastic containers with a good seal work well.
- Refrigerate Promptly: Place the container in the refrigerator as soon as possible, preferably within 2 hours of making the eggnog.
- Label and Date: It’s a good practice to label the container with the date you made the eggnog so you can keep track of its freshness.
- Keep Cold: Store the eggnog in the coldest part of your refrigerator, typically in the back. This will help maintain its freshness and prevent spoilage.
- Shake Before Serving: Before serving any leftovers, give the container a good shake to re-mix the ingredients, as separation can occur during storage.
- Consume Within 3-4 Days: Homemade eggnog should be consumed within 3-4 days for the best flavor and quality. After this time, the taste and texture may begin to change.
- Check for Spoilage: Before consuming leftover eggnog, check for any signs of spoilage, such as an off smell or unusual texture. If it doesn’t look or smell right, it’s best to discard it.
- Optional: You can also add a little extra nutmeg or spices if needed when you serve it again, as the flavors can mellow over time.
Remember that this vegan eggnog does not contain preservatives like commercial versions, so it’s essential to handle and store it properly to ensure it remains safe and enjoyable to drink
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any dairy-free milk of your choice)
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cloves
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the unsweetened almond milk, full-fat coconut milk, pure maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla extract, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat. Warm it gently, but do not bring it to a boil. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- Add Optional Liquor: If you want to make it an alcoholic eggnog, you can add your favorite gluten-free and dairy-free liquor at this stage. Stir it into the mixture and let it heat for another minute.
- Chill: Remove the eggnog from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate it until it's well-chilled. This will enhance the flavors.