This creamy tomato and spinach risotto is gluten and dairy-free is a delicious and healthy version of the classic Italian dish.
It’s made with arborio rice, which is a short-grain rice that becomes creamy when cooked with liquid.
The combination of tomato and spinach in the risotto adds a fresh and healthy element to the dish, making it a great choice for those looking for a nutritious meal. Additionally, the use of arborio rice in the risotto provides a chewy texture that you will enjoy.
This creamy tomato and spinach risotto dish is a flavourful, satisfying, and healthy meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup arborio rice (gluten-free)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to your tasting
You will love how delicious and easy the cashew sauce it. This sauce is incredibly versatile and can be used as a dip, dressing, or sauce for a variety of dishes such as salads, pasta, rice dishes, and vegetables. It can also be used as a base for soups and stews, adding a creamy and nutty flavour to the dish.
Here are some alternatives for the ingredients in this gluten and dairy-free recipe:
- Olive oil: Coconut oil, Sunflower oil, Grapeseed oil
- Onion: Shallots, Leeks
- Arborio rice: Jasmine rice, Basmati rice, Brown rice, Quinoa, Buckwheat
- Vegetable broth: Chicken or beef broth (if not vegetarian), Water with bouillon cubes
- Cherry tomatoes:Diced tomatoes (fresh or canned), Sun-dried tomatoes,Tomato sauce
- Dried turmeric:Curry powder, Paprika, Coriander
- Dried parsley:Fresh cilantro, Dried oregano
- Spinach: Kale, Swiss chard, Collard greens, Arugula, Watercress
- Coconut milk: almond milk, Cashew milk, Hemp milk, Oat milk, Soy milk
- Cashews: Almonds, Macadamia nuts, Walnuts
- Nutritional yeast: Vegan parmesan cheese, Ground flaxseed, Ground hemp seeds
CREAMY TOMATO AND SPINACH RISOTTO
This creamy tomato and spinach risotto dish is a flavourful, satisfying, and healthy meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family..
Ingredients-2 tbsp olive oil -1 cup arborio rice (gluten-free) -4 cups vegetable broth -1 teaspoon dried turmeric -1 teaspoon dried parsley -1 onion, finely chopped -1 cup of chopped mushrooms -1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes -1 cups fresh spinach Cashew Sauce -1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk) -1 cup of cashews (soaked in hot water to soften them, 30 mins) -1 tbsp of nutritional yeast -1 tsp of garlic powder -Salt and pepper to your tasting
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the risotto and let it toast for about one minute, stirring continuously. 2. Add the vegetable broth, dried turmeric and parsley. Cook for 3-6 minutes, stirring constantly. 3. Stir until the broth is absorbed by the rice and remove from heat. 4. While the risotto is cooking, create the cashew sauce. 5. Using a blender, place all the cashew sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Add salt to your liking. 6. In a separate saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until softened. 7. Add the cherry tomatoes, followed by the cashew sauce. 8. Add the spinach, stir until the spinach is wilted and the risotto is creamy.