- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 shallot
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 cup of sliced leeks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp of chili lime pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water with the sweet potatoes to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until softened.
- On a large skillet, saute the sliced shallot, mushrooms and leeks. Saute for 6 minutes.
- Using a food processor, place the saute veggies, sweet potatoes, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, salt, nutritional yeast, chickpeas and apple cider vinegar inside and processor for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- On a plate, add your breadcrumbs and chili lime pepper and combine.
- Using your hands, take half a spoonful of the falafel mixture and roll it ever so gently in the palm of your hand. Place the ball into the breadcrumbs and roll until all is covered.
- Once done, place the falafels on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until how crispy you want them.
- To serve, toast pittas and fill them with coleslaw.
Here is a super easy and healthy recipe, for lunch or dinner – Baked Sweet Potato Falafels
They are super crispy on the outside and deliciously soft on the inside. If you’re like me, rather have baked things, than these are for you! Less oil and perfect protein to add to any wrap or bowl.
This recipe will make 15 falafels and is gluten free and vegan.