Get ready to indulge in the ultimate treat with these soft almond scones!
Made with a delicious blend of almond flour, chopped raw almonds, and just the right amount of honey and olive oil, these scones are a heavenly treat that will have you craving for more. The baking powder and xanthan gum ensure the perfect rise and texture, while the milk and egg add a rich, creamy flavor to these delectable delights. Perfect for a lazy morning brunch or a cozy afternoon snack, these soft almond scones are sure to make your taste buds dance with joy!
- 1/2 cup of chopped raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup of dairy free milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
There are a few alternative ingredients that you could use to make variations of soft almond scones:
- Flour – Instead of almond flour, you could use regular wheat flour or other gluten-free flours such as oat flour or coconut flour. Keep in mind that the texture and taste may differ depending on the flour used.
- Sweetener – Honey can be substituted with other liquid sweeteners such as maple syrup, agave nectar, or even molasses. If you prefer a less sweet scone, you could also reduce the amount of sweetener or use a sugar substitute like stevia.
- Oil – Olive oil can be swapped for other types of oil such as coconut oil, avocado oil, or melted butter. Each option will bring its own unique flavor to the scone.
- Nuts – If you’re not a fan of almonds, you could try using other chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts. You could also try using dried fruits or chocolate chips instead of nuts for a different twist.
SOFT ALMOND SCONES
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp xanthan gum
- ⅓ cup dairy free milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large mix bowl, add all the dry ingredients together. Stir well.
- Add in the wet ingredients slowly and mix well. The mixture will turn into a sticky dough.
- Using damp hands, roll out 8 balls and place them on your parchment paper. Slightly press the dough down on the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let the scones cool down for 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow gluten free scone recipe? Look no further than this Soft Almond Scone recipe. These scones are moist, fluffy and have a simple flavour that will make any breakfast or snack time satisfying.
Add this to your list for your weekend breakfast!