- 1 butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Place the butternut squash, celery, shallots, garlic, sweet potato, thyme and oregano on the baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle salt over the vegetables.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once done baking, place all vegetables in a high speed blender. Add 2 cups of water to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Using a large pot, place the soup mixture into the pot and add the remaining broth and water.
- (Feel free to add more salt if needed)
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread or even cornbread.
I love soup season.. makes lunch time so enjoyable when you have something warm to eat on a chilly day. Spend your afternoon with a perfect comfort food- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup .
The most perfect soup for starting your October!
This soup will take you less than an hour from start to finish and it serves 6 bowls!
** If you want this soup to be vegan, substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth.