Southwestern Cherry Salsa, it’s like a fiesta in your mouth!
Southwestern Cherry Salsa is a recipe you don’t want to miss making this summer. The diced cherries dance alongside the crunchy yellow bell pepper, while the finely chopped red onion adds a touch of tanginess. Fresh cilantro twirls in, bringing its unique herbaceous charm. To enhance the salsa’s zesty character, we squeeze in the juice of a lemon, adding a refreshing citrus twist.
A drizzle of honey brings a hint of sweetness, perfectly complementing the cherry’s natural sugars. With a sprinkle of ground cumin, the Southwestern spirit comes alive, infusing the salsa with a warm and earthy aroma. A dash of salt and pepper seals the deal, ensuring a balanced and harmonious flavour profile. As you let the salsa mingle and mingle, the party truly begins.
Dip your tortilla chips and let the explosion of flavors take you on a wild ride. Or crown your grilled chicken, fish, or tacos with this sensational salsa for an unforgettable twist. Remember, this salsa is best enjoyed with good company and plenty of laughter. So grab a bowl, gather your amigos, and let the Southwestern Cherry Salsa bring joy and flavour to your culinary adventure.
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
To keep your Southwestern Cherry Salsa fresh in the fridge, here are a few storage tips:
- Airtight Container: Transfer the salsa to an airtight container before storing it in the refrigerator. This helps prevent air exposure and keeps the salsa from absorbing other odors in the fridge.
- Seal Properly: Ensure the container is tightly sealed to maintain freshness. Check that the lid is secure and any additional closures are properly fastened.
- Refrigerate Promptly: Place the container of salsa in the refrigerator promptly after preparing or serving. This helps maintain its quality and prevents bacterial growth.
- Label and Date: Consider labeling the container with the name and date of preparation. This helps you keep track of its freshness and easily identify it among other items in the fridge.
- Store in the Coldest Section: Keep the salsa in the coldest section of your refrigerator, such as the back or bottom shelf. This ensures a consistently cool temperature, extending its shelf life.
- Consume Within a Few Days: While the Southwestern Cherry Salsa can stay fresh for up to 3-4 days, it’s best to consume it within the first couple of days for optimal flavor and texture.
- Avoid Cross-Contamination: To prevent cross-contamination, store the salsa away from raw meats, seafood, or other foods with strong odors. This helps maintain its distinctive flavors.
- Stir Before Serving: Prior to serving the salsa, give it a gentle stir to redistribute any liquids or flavors that may have separated during storage.
The Southwestern Cherry Salsa is a versatile condiment that pairs well with various dishes. Here are some delicious options for enjoying this salsa:
- Tortilla Chips: Serve the salsa as a classic dip with crispy tortilla chips. The sweet and tangy flavors of the salsa complement the saltiness of the chips perfectly.
- Tacos: Add a burst of flavor to your tacos by spooning the Southwestern Cherry Salsa on top. It works well with grilled chicken, beef, shrimp, or even vegetarian tacos.
- Grilled Meats: Use the salsa as a vibrant topping for grilled meats like chicken, steak, or pork. The sweet cherries and zesty flavors add a delightful twist to the smoky flavors of the meat.
- Fish and Seafood: Enhance the taste of grilled or pan-seared fish and seafood by serving the salsa alongside. It pairs particularly well with salmon, tilapia, shrimp, or grilled prawns.
- Quesadillas: Spread the Southwestern Cherry Salsa on quesadillas before folding them over. The combination of melted cheese, savory fillings, and the salsa’s fruity notes creates a mouthwatering experience.
- Burgers: Elevate your burger game by adding a spoonful of the salsa as a unique and refreshing topping. It adds a burst of flavor that complements beef, chicken, or veggie burgers.
- Grilled Vegetables: Drizzle the salsa over grilled vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, or corn-on-the-cob. It adds a tangy and sweet element to the smoky flavors of the vegetables.
- Salads: Use the Southwestern Cherry Salsa as a dressing or topping for green salads. Its fruity and tangy flavors provide a delightful contrast to the fresh vegetables.
- Roasted Chicken: Spoon the salsa over roasted chicken for a burst of flavor. The combination of juicy chicken and the salsa’s sweet and zesty profile creates a delectable combination.
- Crostini: Spread the salsa on toasted gluten-free bread or baguette slices to create delightful and flavorful crostini bites.
SOUTHWESTERN CHERRY SALSA
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to tasteIn a mixing bowl, combine the diced cherries, yellow bell pepper, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced cherries, yellow bell pepper, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, ground cumin, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cherry mixture and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
- Taste the salsa and adjust the seasonings according to your preference, adding more salt, pepper, or lemon juice if desired.
- Let the Southwestern cherry salsa sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the salsa as a dip with tortilla chips, or as a topping for grilled chicken, fish, or tacos.
*This site contains affiliate links which means that I may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. However, please know that I only provide links to products that I actually use and wholeheartedly recommend.