- 1/2 cup of chopped leeks
- 1 shallot
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Half a red pepper
- 1 tbsp of millet flour
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of roasted red pepper sauce.
- 1 cup of oats (I used gluten free)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small skillet, fry on medium the leeks and the shallot. Fry until softened.
- Using a food processor, place leeks, shallot, chickpeas, red pepper, millet flour, and olive oil.
- Process until blended.
- Add in the roasted red pepper sauce. Process again, until well blended.
- Remove the chickpea mixture to a bowl. Add in the oats and mix until combined.
- Using parchment paper on a baking sheet, grab a large spoonful of the burger mixture and create a ball. Flatten it on the baking sheet with your fingers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Filled with a savoury taste – perfect for BBQ season and enjoying burgers with friends. Not only are they soft on the inside but they are wonderfully crispy on the outside.
I love the idea of changing burgers, meat based to a healthy vegetarian meal. Not only does roasted red pepper chickpea burgers taste amazing but its a wonderful healthy meat alternative.
One response to “ROASTED RED PEPPER CHICKPEA BURGERS”
[…] ROASTED RED PEPPER CHICKPEA BURGERS — Happy Belly Creations […]