- 2 large yellow potatoes
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of chopped Chorizo
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- 1/3 chopped mushrooms
- Use a large pot to boil the potatoes and cook them until they are tender. Remove from heat and mash them in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the flour, nutritional yeast, basil, oregano and salt. Stir well.
- Add in the oil, vinegar, eggs and pumpkin puree. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add in your mashed potatoes to the pumpkin mixture. Mix together with your hands to form a soft dough. The dough should become less sticky as you mix. If not, add a little more flour.
- Place the dough in cling wrap and place it in the fridge for one hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and lightly flour your surface area.
- Cut your dough into long lengths to form a rope. Cut the rope into 2 cm pieces.
- Avoid the pieces touching or sticking together.
- Use a large pot to boil water with a little salt in it. Place each of the gnocchi pieces into the boiling water. Once they start to float they are cooked.
- Using a skillet on medium heat, place your chorizo, onion and mushrooms to cook. Cook for 4 minutes. Add in your gnocchi. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve with some fresh thyme and basil.
Homemade pumpkin gnocchi. Tasty. Easy to make. Comfort food. Healthy. delicious. Enough said – go ahead and try it.
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free. This recipe will serve 8! You can always save some of the dough for later. Just place it in the freezer for up to 2 months! For full video watch here.