Get ready to spice up your life with this mouth-watering Pumpkin Ginger Loaf!
This loaf is loaded with cozy fall flavors, including aromatic ginger powder and sweet cinnamon, making it the perfect treat for any pumpkin lover. Made with gluten-free millet flour and topped off with a delicious blend of pumpkin puree, oat milk, molasses, and honey, this recipe is a must-try for anyone looking for a healthy, yet indulgent dessert option. The combination of soft, moist texture and warm, spicy taste will have your taste buds craving for more. Whether you’re baking for a special occasion or simply satisfying your sweet tooth, this Pumpkin Ginger Loaf is sure to hit the spot and leave you feeling satisfied!
- 1 1/2 cup of millet flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of ginger powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 can of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of oat milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of GF oats
- Icing (I used a vanilla icing)
Here are some possible substitutes you could use for the ingredients in this Pumpkin Ginger Loaf recipe:
- Flour – Instead of millet flour, you could use other gluten-free flours such as almond flour, coconut flour, or buckwheat flour. If you don’t need the recipe to be gluten-free, you could use regular wheat flour instead.
- Milk – Instead of oat milk, you could use other non-dairy milk such as almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk. If you’re not dairy-free, you could use regular cow’s milk.
- Sweetener – Instead of honey, you could use other liquid sweeteners such as maple syrup or agave nectar. If you prefer a less sweet loaf, you could reduce the amount of sweetener or use a sugar substitute like stevia.
- Molasses – Instead of molasses, you could use honey or maple syrup. Keep in mind that this will affect the flavor of the loaf, as molasses has a distinct taste.
- Eggs – If you’re vegan or allergic to eggs, you could use a flax egg or chia egg as a substitute. To make a flax or chia egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water, and let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens.
PUMPKIN GINGER LOAF
- 1½ cups cups millet flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the millet flour, cinnamon, ginger powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, oat milk, vanilla extract, molasses, eggs, and honey.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake the loaf for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
NEW! This Pumpkin Ginger loaf is a touch of fall and winter flavours that makes any chilly day feel warm and cozy, It is super moist, perfectly spiced and not too sweet. yum.
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free, will only take you 10 minutes to prep and the rest is a waiting game. 🙂
For more simple, feel good recipes, visit the links below.