- 2 Bananas
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- 1 cup of oats (GF)
- 1/4 cup of hazelnuts
- 2 tbsps of maple syrup
- 2 tbsps of almond butter
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of oat milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Dark Chocolate bar (I used 75% dark chocolate)
Mixed Berry Topping:
- 2 cups of frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsps of oats (GF)
- 2 tsps of lemon juice
- Using a food processor, place all base ingredients inside and process until smooth.
- Using a 9×12 baking pan, place the base ingredients evenly across the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the mixed berry topping. In a small saucepan, add all the mixed berry topping ingredients.
- Gently stir the berry mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat after 2 minutes of boiling to medium heat and stir frequently, for about 20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. If the mixture is not thick enough, continue to cook for 5 minutes increments. Let it cool for 30 minutes after cooking.
- Place your chocolate bar in a bowl and into a microwave.
- Start at 30 seconds. If the chocolate seems untouched (stir it a little), place it back into the microwave for an additional 20 seconds.
- Remove and stir well, for the heat is in the chocolate.
- Once your base has cooked and cooled for at least 30 minutes, cover it in a layer of chocolate.
- Place the bar with the layered chocolate, in the fridge for 10 minutes. (Or until the chocolate has almost hardened.)
- Remove from the fridge and pour your mixed berry topping over the chocolate layer. (You can slice and eat it as is or place it in the fridge for 15 minutes to get all the layers to set)
Need a smart and happy breakfast waiting for you when you wake up? These Mixed Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bars are the perfect recipe to make before a busy week. These #glutenfree #vegan delightfully sweet and melt-in-your-mouth with every bite bars —– are made with wholesome ingredients plus a hidden layer of dark chocolate. YUM!