- 2 red beets
- 2 orange beets
- 4 carrots
- 1 cup of cooked green lentils
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade hummus
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees,
- Peel the beets and cut the beets in half. Slice them to be 1/4 inch thick.
- Peel the carrots and slice them lengthwise.
- Season the beets and carrots with the spices.
- Place them on the parchment paper and roast them for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile make your hummus. Please click here for the recipe.
- Once the beets and carrots are roasted add them to a plate or a bowl. Add in the lentils and hummus.
- (I love to add a hint of mint for some additional flavour!)
Try this easy side dish or lunch dish: Lentil and Roasted Beet Salad. Beets of all colours, with carrots, green lentils and a perfect dip – homemade hummus. Absolutely delicious and easy to make!
This recipe will serve 2 and will take you 30 minutes to make.