- 4 cups of finely chopped, washed kale
- 1 pomegranate, de-seed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- +optional – goat cheese
- 3 tbsp of grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp of fig balsamic
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, cinnamon, cayenne and maple syrup.
- Place the butternut squash on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until softened.
- Once roasted, let the butternut squash cool for 20 minutes, before adding it to your salad bowl.
- Using a salad bowl, add your kale, pomegranate, butternut squash, quinoa and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients together. Stir well.
- Add your dressing over the prepared salad and combine dressing with salad.
This salad is not only pretty and tasty but it will brighten your day no matter what. It’s tossed with so much flavour – fall roasted butternut squash, bursting fresh pomegranate and crispy pecans. You will love it. Try it and tell me what you think.
This recipe will take you 30 minutes to make. This salad serves 6.