- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 molasses
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- For the waffles, in a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Use an electric mixer to get a smooth texture without any lumps.
- Using a large spoon, place the batter onto the waffle maker. Close the lid and let it cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the date syrup, place the dates in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend the dates with 1 cup of water and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and slightly runny.
- Add whatever toppings you want and pour some date syrup onto your waffles. YUM.
Kids are home for the whole week. No camp. Just the 4 of us. Meaning, fun, delicious food all the time. Me baking. Kids baking. Having fun!
So today’s breakfast menu = GINGERBREAD Waffles!
Oh so good. We couldn’t stop eating them. I made 8 waffles and we each had two!
These are gluten-free, dairy free, and made with goodness. This recipe makes about 8-9 waffles.
2 responses to “GINGERBREAD WAFFLES with date syrup”
[…] some more breakfast or snack freezer stashes?! This is it! Something great! Make it before your week starts and […]
[…] GINGERBREAD WAFFLES with date syrup — Happy Belly Creations […]