- 2 cups of Gluten Free flour (You can substitute it with all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature )
- 1/2 cup of eggnog (room temperature )
- 1 unsalted butter stick (room temperature )
Coffee Crisp bottom:
- 2 cups of crushed coffee crisp chocolate bars
- 2 tbsps of coconut oil
Optional – Topping:
- Melted white chocolate
- Vanilla icing and crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a ziplock bag, place your coffee crisp chocolate bars inside. Using a rolling pin, gentle crush and roll over the bars to create a crumb.
- Place the crumb into a bowl and add in your melted coconut oil. Stir together.
- Using a round 8 inch baking dish, place your coffee crisp evenly across the bottom.
- In a large baking bowl add all your dry ingredients of the eggnog cake mixture and mix together. Add in the wet ingredients. Combine until smooth.
- Gentle fold your batter onto your coffee crisp layer. Evenly spread it around.
- Bake for 30 minutes and until the top is slightly golden.
- Let the cake cool for 30 minutes before adding your choice of toppings. I topped this cake with white chocolate as well as vanilla icing and candy canes.
For all those coffee and eggnog lovers, this holiday cake is for you! You’ll adore this Eggnog Coffee Crisp Cake. This cake is crispy, coffee infused, moist and filled with buttery eggnog that is so easy to make from-scratch!
Simple ingredients that will make your holiday baking complete!
This recipe is wonderful because it either be gluten-free or not! Great for anyone. It will take your 40 minutes to make and serves 8!