- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup of molasses
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups of icing sugar
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
Drizzle: melted white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x 13 baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients of the gingerbread base together.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients of the gingerbread base together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine all together until it’s a smooth batter.
- Evenly spread the batter across the baking tray, with one inch thickness.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the vanilla icing.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter until light and smooth.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Next make the cranberry topping.
- In a medium size pot, add all the ingredients together. Bring to a boil and once boiled, turn it down to medium heat. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once your gingerbread base is cooked, let it cool for 15 minutes before adding the vanilla icing and cranberry topping over top.
- To add more deliciousness, drizzle white chocolate over the top.
Substitute: for all-purpose flour.
*If you require this to be gluten free, replace the all-purpose flour with almond flour (1 1/2 cups) and arrowroot flour (1/2 cup).
This must have treat is sticky, perfectly spiced and full of cranberries. This Cranberry Gingerbread bar is perfect for the holidays. This recipe is a one pan, simple creation and will keep for 4-5 days! It’s similar to the starbuck holiday bliss bar, except it is made with gingerbread and it’s homemade!!
For more simple, feel good recipes, visit the links below.