- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup of molasses
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups of icing sugar
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
Drizzle: melted white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x 13 baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients of the gingerbread base together.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients of the gingerbread base together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine all together until it’s a smooth batter.
- Evenly spread the batter across the baking tray, with one inch thickness.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the vanilla icing.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter until light and smooth.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Next make the cranberry topping.
- In a medium size pot, add all the ingredients together. Bring to a boil and once boiled, turn it down to medium heat. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once your gingerbread base is cooked, let it cool for 15 minutes before adding the vanilla icing and cranberry topping over top.
- To add more deliciousness, drizzle white chocolate over the top.
Substitute: for all-purpose flour.
*If you require this to be gluten free, replace the all-purpose flour with almond flour (1 1/2 cups) and arrowroot flour (1/2 cup).
This must have treat is sticky, perfectly spiced and full of cranberries. This Cranberry Gingerbread bar is perfect for the holidays. This recipe is a one pan, simple creation and will keep for 4-5 days! It’s similar to the starbuck holiday bliss bar, except it is made with gingerbread and it’s homemade!!
For more simple, feel good recipes, visit the links below.
One response to “CRANBERRY GINGERBREAD BARS”
[…] any cranberry sauce remaining from the holidays? This is a wonderful recipe to use that cranberry sauce. These Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffin Cups are full of tart cranberries and are perfectly sweet […]