- 1 cup of chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced avocado
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 cup of cooked buckwheat
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of lemon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- In a large salad bowl, place all the salad ingredients inside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve!
A simple, colourful, nutritious mid-summer meal. This cabbage and buckwheat salad is not only packed in iron, healthy fats as well as seeds for extra crunch, but it will only take you 20 minutes to prepare. This recipe serves 4, or can be separated into a 4-day meal prep.
It’s gluten free, high protein and vegan!