- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of psyllium husks
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of ginger powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add all your dry ingredients and combine.
- Add in your egg, molasses and butter. Stir well until dough forms.
- Place your dough in the fridge for 2 hours or over night.
- Roll out the evenly with a thickness of half an inch. Using your cookie shapers to form the cookie shape you want. I used stars.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the top.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- For the topping, I dipped mine in white chocolate and sprinkled it with crush almonds. Feel free to jazz up your cookies with anything!
Sharing my secret here, but any type of ginger cookie is my favourite dessert! Love love them. I could honestly devour all of them in one sitting. This year I decided to change the recipe a little bit and use almond flour. OMG… so gooood. These gluten free, high in protein, soft, chewy and highly addictive Almond Ginger Cookies are amazing!!!
Try try. I’m telling you… these are your next perfect treat during the holidays!
This recipe will make 15 cookies and take you only 15 minute to prep and bake.
They are gluten free!