Get creative and try this sweet, delicious and unique flavour combination.
The sweet and slightly nutty taste of the butternut squash, combined with the natural sweetness of honey, makes this a rich, moist, and flavourful cake. Plus the coconut icing adds another layer of flavour and texture to the cake, with the creamy sweetness of the coconut complementing the other ingredients.
- 1/2 cup of butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp of all spice
- 2/3 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of coconut milk (the fat from a can)
- Pinch of salt
This is seriously one of THE BEST desserts I’ve ever made or tasted. It is truly amazing and so easy to make.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND HONEY CAKE with coconut icing
The sweet and slightly nutty taste of the butternut squash, combined with the natural sweetness of honey, makes this a rich, moist, and flavourful cake.
- -1/2 cup of butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp of all-spice
-1/2 cup of vegan butter
-1/3 cup of coconut sugar
-2 tbsp of honey
-1/2 cup of raisins
-2/3 cup of almond flour
-1 cup of gluten free flour
-1 tsp of baking powder
-1/2 tsp of salt
-1/3 cup of almond milk
-1 cup vegan butter, softened
-3 cups of powdered sugar
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
-2 tbsp of coconut milk (the fat from a can)
-Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch (23cm) cake pan and set aside.
- Cook the butternut squash in a pot with 2 tbsp of water. Boil until soft. Drain and use a potato masher to mash the squash into a puree.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and honey. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the mixture until smooth. Add the egg and beat the mixture again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, raisins, all-spice and salt. Combine together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add in the milk and the cooled down butternut squash. Combine until all mixed together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the icing. In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat together the icing ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, add coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before removing and icing it. Spread the coconut icing over the top of the cake using a spatula or knife. Add your desired toppings, such as pecans.
- Serve the cake immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- CREAMY TOMATO AND SPINACH RISOTTO
- ALMOND MOLASSES COOKIES
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND HONEY CAKE with coconut icing
- CELERY ROOT AND APPLE SALAD
- ALMOND BERRY CAKE
- VEGAN AVOCADO-BANANA CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- GINGER, APPLE AND PEAR JAM
- GLUTEN FREE PROTEIN COOKIES
- FLAVOURFUL BLACK BEAN SOUP
- CHOCOLATE CHIP HEART SHAPED COOKIES
2 responses to “BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND HONEY CAKE with coconut icing”
it was sooo yummy! I can still taste the cake!! Make it again when we see each other 😉
sounds great! will do!