This almond berry cake is a delightful balance of sweet and tart flavours, with a moist and tender crumb.
This almond berry cake is a delicious dessert that is naturally gluten free and combines the rich, nutty flavour of almonds with the sweet and tangy taste of fresh berries. It is made by mixing almond flour, chickpea flour, sugar, eggs, and vegan butter, and then folding in fresh berries, such as raspberries or blueberries. The batter is then baked in a cake pan until it is golden brown and cooked through.
Once the cake has cooled, it can be topped with a variety of toppings, such as whipped cream, fresh berries, or a drizzle of raspberry, strawberry sauce or a dusting of powdered sugar on top.
It is perfect for serving at a brunch or afternoon tea, or as a light dessert after a meal.
- 1 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 stick of vegan butter, melted slightly
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- pinch of salt and cinnamon
- 1 cup of mixed berries
Dairy free and gluten free almond berry cake is a match made in taste-bud! So good and so easy to make. This recipe will take you 10 minutes to whip up, with only 35 minutes of baking time.
ALMOND BERRY CAKE
It is perfect for serving at a brunch or afternoon tea, or as a light dessert after a meal..
Ingredients-1 1/3 cup of almond flour
-1/2 cup of chickpea flour
-1 stick of vegan butter, melted slightly
-2 eggs, room temperature
-1 tsp of baking powder
-1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
-1/3 cup of brown sugar
-pinch of salt and cinnamon
-1 cup of mixed berries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the eggs, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the butter mixture to the flour mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and gently place the fresh berries on top. Press them down slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake sliced, topped with additional fresh berries and sliced almonds if desired.
- CREAMY TOMATO AND SPINACH RISOTTO
- ALMOND MOLASSES COOKIES
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND HONEY CAKE with coconut icing
- CELERY ROOT AND APPLE SALAD
- ALMOND BERRY CAKE
- VEGAN AVOCADO-BANANA CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- GINGER, APPLE AND PEAR JAM
- GLUTEN FREE PROTEIN COOKIES
- FLAVOURFUL BLACK BEAN SOUP
- CHOCOLATE CHIP HEART SHAPED COOKIES
One response to “ALMOND BERRY CAKE”
I like how you show the ingredients – it looks so easy!😁