- 4 cups of washed and sliced kale
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 beet
- 7-8 small carrots
- 1 red onion
- A handful of parsley
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of honey mustard
- Place your kale in a large salad bowl.
- Start by slicing your red onion into small diced cuts. Place your onion in the salad bowl.
- Next, peel your carrots before shredding them. Shred as many carrots as you wish. I love carrots, so I added a lot. And again, place the shredded carrots into your salad bowl.
- Followed by cutting the ends off your beet. Don’t worry about peeling the beet, the skin will come off while you start shredding.
- Shred the beet and place the shredded beet into your salad bowl.
- Add in your cooked quinoa and parsley.
- In a medium size bowl, add in all your dressing ingredients. Mix well, before adding it to your salad.
Happy November 1!! Today I bring you the first 2022 winter, hearty salad. OH YES! This is no plain, boring salad, it’s a super house of nutrients and packed with all things wonderful. Start those gloomy winter days with something colourful!
This salad will take you 15 minutes to prepare and its gluten free, dairy free + vegan. This salad will serve 6.