- Dozen yellow potatoes
- 1/3 cup of oil olive divided
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (I used Gluten free)
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp of dried basil
- 2 tsp of salt
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pot with water, place the potatoes in and make sure they are submerged by 1/2 inch of water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or drizzling oil over the baking sheet.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and let them cool for 5-7 minutes before handling them.
- Spread the potatoes over the prepared baking sheet, and use a potato masher to gently smash each potato.
- Drizzle olive oil over the smashed potatoes and then add a little more olive oil over each potato. I used a brush to make sure the olive oil covered each potato.
- In a separate bowl, add your seasoning and combine them together. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over each potato. I like my smashed potatoes extra crispy so I added a little more olive oil after the seasoning. Pat down each potato.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crispy around the edges.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy. (I dipped mine into a roasted red pepper sauce, which you can find the recipe here)
This recipe is so simple that you will never settle for plain baked potatoes again. There are only a few ingredients needed with very little prep time. Which is a guarantee that you”ll be making these regularly.
I just love how crispy and crunchy they are on the outside, with centres that are creamy and soft.
I dipped mine in a roasted red pepper sauce. These crispy smashed potatoes make a wonderful side dish or appetizer.