- 1 1/2 cup of quinoa flour
- 4 peeled potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oat milk
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes. Boil until they are soft enough to place a fork all the way through.
- Using a food processor, place all the ingredients in and process until well combined and slightly liquidy.
- Using a ladle, place one scoop of the batter onto the waffle maker. Cook until slightly brown or the steam has stopped.
- This recipe will make 5 large waffles.
These savory waffles are crispy on the outside and perfectly fluffy on the inside!
I love savory waffles over sweet ones! And if you are looking for a great lunch idea for your kids, they will love this! Delicious, healthy, and filling. Especially if you dip them in a homemade hummus or guacamole!
You can add any veggies and different seasonings to the batter to make it even more flavorful, but I used red pepper, onion, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
These are dairy-free and gluten free waffles and this recipe will only take you 20 minutes to make.
****If you want to replace the egg to this recipe, just use two flax eggs (1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons of water = 1 flax egg) This might make the waffle slightly less fluffy.